Monday, April 2, 2007

Road Trippin


We spent the weekend away so all I had was the palm connection and not much of that as we were on the go a lot. I'll eventually post some pics from the weekend, but for now all I have time to post is this antique sampler that I've been in love with for decades. It is found in one of the cabins at Lincoln's New Salem State Historic park where Abraham Lincoln lived as a young man. We visited the new (opened Apr 2005) Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield and it was fascinating. I even got a couple of stitching kits of charming little profiles of Abe and Mary. Anyway, I wanted to take this sampler off the wall and photograph it really well since it's hung over a bureau and is over my head, but the volunteer was a cow about it and I had to do the best I could to get it without any glare. I heard that a local group of women have reproduced some of the other antique samplers they have at the park (but not this one) and I hope to find out about those this week.

No comments: