Sunday, July 14, 2013

Four Days in Shipshewana 2012 Version

Every October my wonderful husband ships me off to Shipshewana to be with my old Chicago stitching girlfriends. It's a wonderful retreat with old friends and new. There is much giggling, fantastic show and tell, great food, fun shopping, little sleep, and even a bit of stitching goes on. Cathy puts together a great time for us to spend together from Thursday to Sunday. These are pictures from last year and I know that this year will be just as fun. Reservations are made and I can't wait to see the buds.  
 We have this gigantic space to live in for 4 days.
The round tables were our dining tables and we stitched near the windows

 Our great view
 Cathy front and center who is our hostess with the mostess
 
 Cathy and her angels who help her out whenever she needs it
 Getting down to some serious stitching. Some more than others.
 Laura Jacobs-Duet and I
 Cathy probably does a lot of bookwork and NO stitching
 Debbie Maxwell working on a monster piece that is beautiful

So many fun things to see as Cathy brings trunk shows
and other treasures from her shop for us to see and buy.

 What a sweet piece



 An adorable little stitched box top.





An exchange took place

And these were the exchange pieces that people got




 I heard this belonged to Kathy Michael. It was a beauty.
Fibers, we have fibers

No comments: