Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Anywhere but here would be fine

There's a blizzard outside my window this morning. The past several days it's been below zero with wind chills well below zero which means it's been too cold to snow. When I came to work yesterday morning it was -7F so we're having a bit of a heartwave today at 9F degrees above, even if the snow is creating havoc on the roads and forcing schools to close early.

I'd like to be somewhere nice and toasty right about now. In fact I've been dreaming of the Grand Haven Michigan Kite Festival that we've attended a couple of times in the past and I'm thinking we need to go there this spring. May 18-20 will be the 18th Annual Great Lakes Kite Festival to benefit the Children's Leukemia Foundation....hey, it's for a good cause. I wonder how COLD is it in Michigan right about now? That thought alone makes me feel warm.
Here are some past festival pics:


These large kites are such fun to watch blowing in the breeze.


The lighthouse at Grand Haven Michigan is one of the most scenic around and we can't go there without walking the entire pier.
Just plain fun on the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, gf. Got any of your blizzard? I'd *love* to see them! We don't get snow here and I couldn't think of anything nicer than being stuck in a snow-bound house. I suppose it's the old "grass is greener" thing.