Thursday, February 15, 2007

Knee deep in snow


I know there's a saying about being careful what you wish for....well there must be one that says be careful what you complain about. Last week it was the frigid cold sub-0 temperatures and that dab of snow we got. This week that was easily topped by the blizzard we got all day Tuesday. The wind howled, the snow just kept coming (for 14 hours with 14inches) and the drifts just grew bigger and bigger. When DH came home he couldn't get in the front door until he scooped the porch free of snow. I would have gotten the mail from the box next to the door, but I couldn't get the door open. Compare this to what you saw last week and you'll know how my DH spent his day off today, while I sat inside coughing up a lung for the 4th day in a row. Right now it's well below zero again and they say tomorrow brings more snow. Don't think I'm complaining here...because I'm not. There is a place in western New York State that has gotten over 140inches of snow, which I can't even begin to imagine.
And that desk at work....I never made it into work this week so it's still waiting for me in that horrid state come Monday if I feel any better by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's some snowfall.