Sunday, October 18, 2009

One more week

I have to tell you that on Friday I was all but ready to just screw this deal, to just tell some bankers to simply go JUMP! I was so tired of people being in my personal business that I could scream. Just let me say that if I had done with their medical information what they did with my financial information, I would have been fired. (We need a HIPAA for financial info). Since when is it too much work to ask the person involved, who has everything to loose to provide a little more information for the underwriter? Why not just be honest, upfront and forthcoming about everything? Why all the phone calls to the wrong people, faxing things to an entirely WRONG phone number so that everyone you work with knows your personal information? OK, now I feel better, thanks!!!!! Lucky for me, my car was in the shop that day, so I was trapped at work, and at the end of the day, my husband was the voice of reason to calm me down.

Moving on.....the days are going fast now, the boxes are stacking up and I'm feeling the pressure. OMG, we are so surrounded by 'stuff' that we can hardly move. Off loading some of this will have to happen before the movers can come in and move the big stuff out. Anyway, I'm having such fun finding things I had forgotten about. Books that I cherish and want to re-read once we get settled. So many photos to go through and do something with, so much stitching that I need to sell, finish or just dump on someone else. Movies I want to watch again, jewelry I need to polish, computer files I need to clean, stories I need to write, and clothes I probably need to burn. But right now I'm being forced to pick out colors for the bedroom walls. That's my punishment for letting my husband watch HGTV. White walls don't do it for him anymore, he watches too much Color Splash, (thanks David!). So I pray I make all the correct decisions and can live with them once made. I promise to come and share pictures of the finished product once we're moved and things are put away.

Anyway, it will be a LOT more fun at the other end going through boxes and putting things away and really concentrating on things a bit more than I can now. I'm ready to let the decorating begin.

Fall is here, but you wouldn't know it. It feels a lot like winter out there. I shouldn't complain, as the northeast got snow and we did escape that, but I'm not ready for the cold just yet.

No comments: